A close friend of mine makes the point that as we get older, we should replace fashion statements with jewellery statements. Not bourgeois jewellery like gold chains or pearls which are lovely but if not used properly can make you look mumsy. But larger, bolder even gem intensive fashion pieces. And of course wearing less is more when it comes to large jewellery pieces, were you can get the look by wearing a single, diamond-studded cuff bracelet or a one-of-a-kind cocktail ring.
A few years ago this same friend of mine found out how to make jewellery at home and is now running a successful small jewellery business from home. What started out as a how to make jewellery at home hobby to make jewellery pieces for herself, quickly spread to making jewellery as gifts, for friends and she is now busy making bespoke jewellery pieces for an ever increasing client base.
I recently asked Sam for her advice on how to make jewellery at home and here is a brief summary of what she told me:
A Summary Of Points On How To Make Jewellery At Home
- If you are interested in how to make jewellery at home think carefully of the types of jewellery you would like to start with, based on your specialty, and how you wish to combine them into collections. You can design all sorts of jewelry from necklaces to bracelets, earrings to rings, brooches to hair pins and even men%u2019s accessories such as cufflinks, belt buckles, tie pins and buttons. You can use beads, synthetic or semiprecious gemstones, polymer clay, metal wire, ceramic pieces, or even organic or natural elements to embellish your designs.
- When thinking of how to make jewellery at home, think about what methods you will be using for designing and a list of basic jewellery-making tools and supplies that you will require. Generally speaking the startup cost is minimal, where you might initially need to invest in the basic tools, which are quite affordable, and the supplies can be bought on demand basis. Chances are if you have been making your own jewellery as a hobby, you will know where to look for bargains and deals, or check the Internet to find the best bargains that suite your needs.
- A big part of how to make jewellery at home into a successful business is to properly determine the best basic pricing for your jewellery, based on the start up costs and profit margins.
- Draft a business plan for how to make jewellery at home including your investment costs, profits and determine the path of your enterprise. Include a marketing plan on how you aim to sell your products and how you hope to advertise.
- Always keep abreast of current trends.
- Try match fine jewellery to their clients personal style.
One thing is for sure, the market for inexpensive, costume jewellery is huge. And if you have an interest in how to make jewellery at home, you can easily make a lucrative income selling your inspirational, hand-made artwork to eager buyers whether it be to retail stores, gift shops, online, or directly to consumers. There is great joy in designing beautiful jewellery and what better reward than seeing people wear your creation.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Juliette_Stewart